MSC Safeguarding Policy
The Missionaries of the Sacred Heart are fully committed to protecting and promoting the safe care of children involved in Church activities.
The office is coordinated by the Safeguarding Manager, Ms Saoirse Fox.
The MSC Safeguarding Office promotes the safe care of children involved in Church activities by:
- Developing good practice in our ministry with children;
- Providing safeguarding training for members, employees and volunteers;
- Ensuring that all members in active ministry and employees and volunteers working with children have undergone Garda Vetting and a safe recruitment process;
- Dealing with complaints and concerns about child protection matters, reporting to the civil authorities, and advising the Provincial on any protective measures necessary to protect children from abuse.
Child Safeguarding Policy Statement of the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart
To view the MSC Child Protection Policy for a specific region, please choose from the areas below:
If you wish to discuss a child protection concern, please contact:
Phone: +353 (0) 1 4906622 (Office) or +353 (0) 86 344 1707 (Mobile)
Fr Alan Whelan MSC
Phone: +353 (0) 1 4906622
Alternatively, you can report your concern directly to:
- TUSLA (Child & Family Agency)
- An Garda Síochána Central Office for Sexual Crimes
Phone: +353 (0) 1 6663445