The Missionaries of the Sacred Heart are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms & Conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We shall be the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1988 and the Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003 (as amended from time to time and together the “Acts”).
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process information and data from you at several different points in our site. This includes
- Personal Data such as information you provide by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site or place an order on our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and financial and credit card information. However, please note that we will not be storing your credit card details after any transaction for which they are used is complete.
- Non-Personal Data such as technical information and information about your visit to our site.
Uses made of the information
Personal Data: We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Non-Personal Data: We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your Personal Data with any member of our group or related affiliates or selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
We may further disclose your Personal Data to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use or Terms & Conditions for the Sale of Products and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety or those of ourselves, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Updating your personal data
You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Acts we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly. To find out what Personal Data we hold on you or to have your Personal Data updated, amended or removed from our database, please email your request to us via the Contact Us section on the site. Any such access requests may be subject to the prescribed fee. Note that certain data is exempt from disclosure under the Acts, including certain privileged and confidential information.